Terms and Conditions
This site is owned and operated by Bristol Zoo Gardens. Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
1. User obligation
Use of this site constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, which take effect on the date on which you first use the site. By accessing, using and/or downloading materials from this site, you agree on your own behalf and on behalf of each entity and person on whose behalf you act to abide by the terms and conditions set forth below. Bristol Zoo Gardens reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online and it is your responsibility to refer to and comply with these terms on accessing the site. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions as modified.
If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, you do not have permission to access the contents of this site and therefore should cease using this site immediately.
2. Copyright and Other Intellectual Property
The names, images and logos identifying Bristol Zoo Gardens, and associated organisations or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of Bristol Zoo Gardens, its associated companies and/or third parties.
All copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in this site (including the design, arrangement and look and feel) and all material or content supplied as part of the site shall remain at all times the property of Bristol Zoo Gardens. In accessing the Bristol Zoo Gardens site, you agree that you do so only for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not agree to, permit or assist in any way any third party to commercially exploit or modify in any way the material or content without Bristol Zoo Gardens prior written permission.
The use of this site is only for lawful purposes, in a manner which does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, but is not limited to, conduct which is defamatory, or which may harass, cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or interruption of the normal flow of dialogue within this site.
4. Disclaimer/Limitation of Liability
This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons relating to www.bristolzoo.org.uk, Bristol Zoo Gardens and/or any of its associated companies, products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis without any representation or endorsement being made and without warranty of any kind, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
The information and other materials included on this site may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. Bristol Zoo Gardens does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information and materials or the reliability of any statement or other information displayed or distributed through the site (including, without limitation, the information provided through the use of any software). You acknowledge that any reliance on any such statement or information shall be at your sole risk. Bristol Zoo Gardens reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any part of the site and to make changes to the site and to the materials, products, programs, services or prices described in the site at any time without notice. In no event will the Zoo and/or third parties be liable for any damages including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential damages or any damages including, but not limited to, errors or omissions, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever arising from use, loss of use, data or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site. These exclusions do not apply to death or personal injury caused by Bristol Zoo Gardens negligence and only apply to the extent permitted by law.
Bristol Zoo Gardens does not warrant that the functions contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free or that defects will be corrected or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. Bristol Zoo Gardens does not represent the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of any material. Bristol Zoo Gardens may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this site, including the availability of any features of the site, at any time without notice or liability.
5. Bristol Zoo Gardens Products
All products and services mentioned in this site are subject to availability and are available at the sole discretion of Bristol Zoo Gardens. Furthermore, all references to Bristol Zoo Gardens products and services are intended to apply only in the United Kingdom.
You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified Bristol Zoo Gardens from and against all claims, damages, expenses, costs and liabilities arising in any manner from your entry to and use of the site other than in accordance with these terms and conditions.
7. Law and jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Disputes arising herefrom shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England. Any cause of action you may have with respect to your use of this site must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the law of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from that clause and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
Bristol Zoo Gardens makes no representation that materials on this site are appropriate or available for use at other locations outside of the United Kingdom and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. If you access this site from a location outside of the United Kingdom, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
8. More Information
For more information please contact us.
Terms and Conditions: Membership
- Annual and dual attraction membership may be taken out at any time and will be valid for a full 12 months from date of purchase.
- Children aged 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult at Bristol Zoo Gardens.
- Children aged 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult at Wild Place Project.
- Proof of concession is required for Concession and Child Concession membership types. A date of birth must be given for all children under 18 years.
- Members receive one membership card per person and will have a photograph taken in the Zoo that will saved on the database.
- No entry can be allowed without a valid card.
- Memberships are non-transferable. In order to use the guest admission discount, the member must accompany the guests during their visit. This discount is not applicable with free memberships such as carers or children aged under 2 years.
- A replacement fee of £2 will be charged for each lost card. Other membership items cannot be replaced.
- Bristol Zoo members gain free entry to selected other UK zoos and safari parks as part of a reciprocal agreement. Currently, Bristol Zoo members enjoy unlimited entry into Belfast Zoo, Colchester Zoo, Edinburgh Zoo and RZSS Highland Wildlife Park, plus one visit per year to Chester Zoo, Marwell Zoological Park, Twycross Zoo and Woburn Safari Park (please note Woburn Safari Park members cannot gain free entry to Bristol Zoo with a Woburn Toddlers pass). Please note reciprocal agreements can be altered or withdrawn at any time. A valid membership card and welcome or renewal letter with proof of expiry date is required upon entry.
- Membership features may be subject to change at any time. No refunds can be made.
- Entry is subject to availability and normal opening hours. Bristol Zoo Gardens and Wild Place Project reserve the right to refuse admission.
- After one year of continuous membership, a discount of 15% is available if membership is renewed before the expiry date. Once membership has expired, members have a 1 month grace period in which to renew and still benefit from a 10% discount. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, including corporate discount or vouchers.
- Zoo parking, when spaces are available, costs £1 payable in cash only. If the parking fees increase during your membership you will still receive a members discount compared with the day guest charge.
- Join on the day of your visit, or buy within seven days of your visit and entrance fees paid for those named on the application form can be deducted from the total due. The refund excludes any voluntary donation paid on admission. The entrance receipt must be attached. This offer is not valid for free memberships such as carers or children aged under 2 years.
- Members receive a 20% discount on friends and family admission all year round during normal opening hours, or a 50% discount on friends and family admission on Member Mondays (every Monday excluding Bank Holidays). This discount is only available to redeem at the admissions desk, and is not valid for online tickets. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- The 10% discount in the Zoo and Wild Place Project shop cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and excludes drinks, confectionery and ice cream. Minimum spend of £5 applies.
- When purchasing your membership online your membership will be effective immediately. You can collect your membership pack on your first visit. If you would prefer to have the pack sent to you please contact the membership office on 01174285416.
- You can purchase child memberships without having an adult on the membership although children aged 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult at Bristol Zoo Gardens.
- Details for a paying adult must be provided at time of purchase of a child membership.
- Please note that tickets purchased through external companies are non-refundable against membership.
- To refer a friend, you must have a valid membership at Bristol Zoo Gardens. You cannot recommend a friend who has been a member within the last six months. The £7 voucher can be spent on any item in The Hide Cafe Restaurant. No cash alternatives are available and no change is given. The flyer must be presented to the membership team at the time the membership is taken out. This is not available online.
- All childminders purchasing Childminder Membership must be registered with Ofsted in England, CSSIW in Wales or The Care Inspectorate in Scotland and a valid registration certificate is required.
Terms and Conditions: Admission Tickets
- All Admission Tickets are non-refundable.
- Only one offer valid per transaction (if applicable).
Terms and Conditions: Animal Experiences
- Please note your family member/friend will not be able to join you in any of the enclosures, if they would like to take photographs this is allowed. If you are purchasing a meet and greet experience for two people then entry to the zoo is included for both participants only.
- Please note that work with no animal is guaranteed. Bristol Zoo reserves the right to change the animals at any time if deemed necessary.
- Regrettably certain guests will be unable to take part including people with relevant phobias or known allergies; pregnant women; and immunocompromised individuals. Whilst every effort is made to accommodate those with a disability or learning difficulty, due to practicality and health and safety this cannot always be achieved; please contact Bristol Zoo for advice before purchasing. Sensible footwear is essential, please do not wear flip flops, high heels etc.
Cancellations and Amendments
We have a no refund policy for all experiences at Bristol Zoo. If you wish to rearrange or cancel your experience please note that there may be a charge depending on the notice time.
Please see the information below, if you need to rearrange please contact our experiences team directly on 0117 4285 417 or 0117 4285 418 if no one is able to take your call please leave a message with your experience choice, preferred date, name and contact telephone number and we will call you back.
- Changes up to 8 weeks prior to the experience date incur a £20 change and can only be made once.
- No changes to the date are allowed less than 8 weeks before the experience.
- No refunds will be made for cancellations. If you wish to cancel your experience date, you will be placed on a cancellation list for 12 months and will be given the opportunity to rebook onto a date in the future should someone else cancel or not attend their experience. A £20 admin charge is applicable for this service.
- If you cancel your experience and, after 12 months, someone else does not cancel or not attend their experience or you have been unable to attend any of the dates offered to you, you will be removed from the cancellation list and will not have the opportunity to rebook.
VIP Lion Feeding and VIP Gorilla Experiences
- The Lion and Gorilla experiences are available for ages 16 and over only.
- The maximum number of people that can take part in a VIP Gorilla experience is limited to one. The maximum number of people that can take part in a VIP Lion Feeding experience is two.
- Friends are welcome to take photos, however only the guest doing the experience will have access to behind the scenes activities.
Keeper for the Day Experience
- This experience is 1-2-1 and lasts for a full working day; it starts at 9:00am and finishes approximately 4:30pm.
- The Keeper for the Day experience is available to individuals aged 16+.
- Keeper for the Day takes place on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays. Please note that this experience is very popular. We advise calling early to avoid disappointment.
Junior Keeper Experience
- This experience is for children aged 6 – 15 years. Morning sessions start at 10:30 and usually include bugs, reptiles, meerkats, penguins and lorikeets**. Afternoon sessions start at 14:30 and include bugs, reptiles, meerkats, fur seals and lemurs**. Junior Keeper sessions take place on Saturdays, Sundays and some Thursdays and Fridays during school holidays.
- The maximum number of children that can take part is two. Please note that only one adult [parent or guardian and no other children] may accompany the Junior Keeper during their experience. Any other guests accompanying the Junior Keeper to the Zoo will be offered group rate discount admission prices.
- **Please note that work with no animal is guaranteed. Bristol Zoo reserves the right to change the animals at any time if deemed necessary.
Meet and Greet Experiences
- Meet and Greet experiences are available for adults and children over the age of 6 years old, however children between the ages of 6 to 15 years old must be accompanied by a spectating parent/guardian.