Our interactive two-day Academy is for children who love animals and would like to find out more about working with and protecting wildlife at the Zoo.
During the fun-packed Academy, children will be supported by our education team and spend time with children with similar interests.
Ages: 8-12 years old
Time: 10am - 4.30pm
Location: Conservation Education Centre, Bristol Zoo
• Becoming a lemur expert - discovering how Bristol Zoo researchers in Madagascar find out about lemurs in the wild so that they can protect them
• Discovering what we can do to help wildlife right here in Bristol
• Finding out what it takes to look after the animals at the Zoo
• Making feeding devices as enrichment for our animals
• Completing our Conservation Quest trail around the Zoo
• Meeting some amazing animals that the Zoo is helping to protect
• Working with our vets to learn how to health check our animals
There will be a mixture of indoor and outdoor activities, and we will aim to get out and about as much as possible when the weather is fine!
The Conservation Education Centre has fantastic facilities for budding animal scientists, and we have our own animal collection within the Centre, some of which the children will meet during the course.
During the two days there will be a programme of activities that cover our conservation projects abroad and conservation work that we do in the Zoo. An example of the structure of the Academy can be found here.
• Two days at Bristol Zoo Gardens
• A scrapbook to record everything
• A unique Zoo Conservation Academy t-shirt
• Photos of the Academy in action – sent out to parents afterwards
• A certificate to show to friends
The Zoo Education Centre is accessed from Guthrie Road and we expect arrivals from 9.45am. The course will start each day at 10.00am and finish at 4.30pm. We will need children to be picked up at the same location.
Please make sure children bring:
• Sensible clothing for outdoor activities in the Zoo – trainers, but no sandals or flip flops and a waterproof in case of rain
• Sun protection – a hat and sun cream
• A packed lunch
• All articles of clothing should be marked with your child’s name
• Make sure you child doesn’t bring valuables unless it’s a camera or phone to take photos. When not in use phones and cameras can be kept in a safe place. Children will be responsible for looking after their belongings
• Drinks and biscuits will be provided for snack time
To book onto the Academy, please call Nicky or Louise on 0117 9747369 or email email@example.com for more information.
Book online & save up to 25% on your admission ticketsBuy Now
Book online & save up to 25% on your admission tickets