Part Time - 30 hours per week, Permanent
Salary- £22,400 per annum
Bristol Zoological Society is recruiting for an HR Advisor to join the existing HR team.
Reporting to the Head of HR, the HR Advisor will be responsible for providing a professional HR service to staff and management that complies with legislation and incorporates best practice across the organisation. The post holder is the initial point of contact for employee and management queries. You will be required to demonstrate a high level of confidentiality, efficiency, effectiveness and diplomacy.
The role of the HR Advisor will include but will not be limited to:
- Recruitment and Selection – support line managers with the recruitment process including drafting advertisements and reviewing Job Descriptions ensuring a fair recruitment and selection process to all.
- Training and Development - Co-ordination of training and development plans and facilitating HR training as required including the design and delivery of appropriate HR training sessions.
- Provide monthly statistical reports to include staff turnover and sickness absence levels.
- Ensure effective monitoring of sickness trends and remedial action in accordance with the Society’s policy and to facilitate a proactive approach to absence management to ensure a smooth return to work.
- Provide back-up for payroll administration.
- Provide detailed advice and assistance to managers on all Employee Relations issues including disciplinary matters, grievances, capability, absences, sickness, maternity, paternity and adhering to the Society's policies and procedures and current legislation, ensure appropriate and timely formal letters are sent out at each formal process.
- Provide coaching and development to managers through one-to-one and group sessions.
- Reporting to the Head of HR supporting with the delivery of the HR strategy.
- Some travel within the Bristol area may be required.
The Successful Applicant
The chosen HR Advisor will display the following skills and attributes:
- Ideally CIPD Level 5 (not essential)
- Experience of working as a Generalist HR Advisor in a standalone site role
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Strong relationship skills and ability to influence at all levels
- Up to date knowledge of UK employment legislation
- Proficient in MS Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
To apply for this position, please email a covering letter and your CV using the application form below. All applications must be received by noon on the 21st July 2019.